Go on a sonic journey with the weird and wonderful sounds of Zoots, the lo-fi kalimba thumb-piano that smiles as you play! Record beautiful melodies and hear them played back for you on repeat as you manipulate the pitch, challenging the limits of noisemaking possibilities! Take it with you to your friend’s house, wait for inspiration to strike at your local coffee shop or plug it into your home studio for truly unique sounds that are sure to blow you and your listeners away! Whether you’re a classically trained pianist or a nine-to-fiver who just really loves to make music, our simple sonic sound toy will lend itself to your creative side.
3.5+ year-old whose first words were "is it my turn yet?"
- design-savvy friend who has almost everything
teen destined to be the next Vampire Weekend
- sound studio "secret weapon"
HOW IT WORKS
1. Hold the Red record button down and pluck the tines (metal teeth) with your thumbs.
2. Toggle the switch to the down position, you can playback your recording one time.
3. Switch to the down position for continuous play.
4. Press the Black playback/stop button to hear your recording.
5. You will be amazed at the depth of tone and range you can create by turning the pitch knob left and right. Just be careful not to turn knob past resistance.
Dimensions: 3” x 3.5” x 2” + metal keys height
2-AAA batteries included
includes looping switch, metal keys (tines), ⅛” output jack for headphones, speakers or recording gear
30-second record and loop time
- Handmade in USA with sustainable wood